Friday, July 15, 2011

Horrible lunch, but SO much energy

  So I completely forgot to tell you guys that I started taking a prescribed weight loss medication. Its called Phentermine 37.5mg. I take one itty bitty pill every morning. They're extremely small, light blue with dark blue spots. I suggest taking this with anything other than water. If you leave the pill in your mouth a second too long...you might as well run to a toilet to vomit. Absolutely horrible taste.

  There are a few side effect to taking Phentermine, but nothing too outrageous. They listed dizziness, dry mouth, trouble sleeping, and of course...increased heart rate. I have yet to experience dizziness, but almost all morning it felt like my tongue was a sheet of sand paper sitting in a cave located somewhere in the Sahara Desert. I had to have drank at least three bottles of water within an hour. I was not dehydrated, just an annoyingly dry mouth. I slept great last night and the only trouble I had was that when my alarm went off this morning...I really wanted to lay in my bed for the next three days. I noticed increased heart rate, but with my profession I walk around like crazy and have to stay busy, so I didn't have a problem with having all the extra energy. I actually like that about this medication. I have SO much energy, but I'm not bouncing off the walls, I don't feel like my heart is going to explode, and I don't EVER feel jittery! Although, I did notice for about 30minutes yesterday...the other side of my left elbow (the part where you would get your blood drawn) kept having muscle spasms. I haven't felt that today, so maybe my body was adjusting to the medication, or my arm just felt like freaking out for a little while.

     So this is day two of the Phentermine. Increased energy and super duper dry mouth...that's all. I reduced my calorie intake and I'm eating the worst lunch ever. A strawberries n' cream slim fast, and 2 whole weat cinnamon brown sugar pop tarts. No icing. I totally wasn't going for such a horrible lunch, but that's what happened. I need to start making my lunch beforehand so I don't just grab some junk on the way out.

      Side note: Phentermine also surpresses appetite. I have to force myself to eat something. I feel like I'm putting a gun to my stomach and screaming "EAT, DAMNIT!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment