Thursday, July 14, 2011

I'm fat...SURPRISE!!

     Hi there! This is my first attempt at blogging about the path to my weight loss. I will be posting exactly what I feel like saying in details and all. I'm finally letting the world know my secret, I'm a fatty.

    Growing up, I was always a slightly "larger" than the other kids my age. I've been called every name in the book; fatty, lard ass, fatso, chub-a-lub, Ms. Piggy, and my personal favorite..."Kirby". It didn't help that I had a C-D cup size bra in elementary school. Being teased about things I couldn't control at that young of an age was difficult, but I'm a trooper. My parents always told me that if someone makes fun of you..it's because they have their on insecurities that they're battling. I still find this to be a very true statement.

    I graduated high school weighing 240lbs, standing 5'0" tall. I know, scary. In 2007 I drove to New York where my car broke down. I didn't live in the city, I lived upstate. Everything was beautiful, new, and in the mountains. With that being said, I walked EVERYWHERE. I didn't have a job so a good majority of my time was being killed walking around this little town being a tourist. I came back to Houston after about 5 months weighing in at 145lbs. Yes, all of that was from walking and drinking LOTS of water. Not only that, but the people I lived with were very into cooking, so most of my meals were healthy. I gained about 10-15lbs in a total of two years after coming home. In August of 2009, I found out I was pregnant. In March 2010, I gave birth to a beautiful 6lb 3oz baby. My after birth weight, 211lbs. Right now, I am 226lbs. According to my height, I'm considered "morbidly obese" with a BMI of 45%. Almost half of my entire being...is fat!

    The way I lost weight before would be a perfect plan for me except for a few things that are different. I don't live in the mountains, I have a working car that makes it hard to want to walk places, it's about 120 degrees hotter in Texas, I have a job, and now a beautiful baby girl.

    I don't have a set goal weight, although I'm sure that down the line I will put a number in my head. For the next month or two, my short term goal is getting under the 200lb mark. I just have to be like The Little Engine that Could...
  
                 "I think I can, I think I can, I think I can..." 
   
    Eh, screw that. I know I can.  ;)

1 comment:

  1. You can! Just take it one day at a time. I've doing this for a minute and I still have to take it one day at a time. Always forgive yourself b/c you're not going to 100% all of the time. Like my mom says you didn't put in on overnight, so don't expect to lose it overnight. Slow and steady wins the race. Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete